Agent Academy is a training programme, educating and training young people in practical marketing and business leadership, by the end of the programme the young people will have had the opportunity to develop their networks through visits and talks from over 30 leaders across Liverpool City Region. As well as developing their practical knowledge and skills they will also be inspired and motivated to launch their careers across the marketing and business arrears.
Through investment by One Ark, Agent Academy recruited 11 young people from the City Region, not currently in full time employment or education with the aim for 60% of young people to secure relevant employment within 3 months of completion of the 12 week course. The programme will set a challenge for the young people to develop a marketing strategy on how to engage young people in Knowsley.
After graduating from university with a degree in Journalism, Sean applied for several roles but not having enough experience to prove that he was able to do the job left him feeling completely stuck.
As a Knowsley resident Sean was pleased to be able to join Agent Academy and get to work on a One Ark youth engagement project which was close to his heart. He was also able to listen to a number of industry leading guest speakers, which really opened his eyes to the amount of opportunities that were out there. Agent Academy gave him the confidence and experience he needed to succeed.
Sean said “Agent Academy really helped me build back my confidence and more importantly my optimism and belief.”
Since finishing the 12 week course with Agent Academy Sean secured a paid role with Yin Yan Yoga to support their marketing and social media activity.
Input and Investment
- £13,500 One Ark Cash Investment
- Over £2,000 in Time Investment
- 11 People engaged on to the programme, under taking relevant training in the Marketing Industry
- 6 People on JSA engaged (NEET)
- 8 People supported into employment upon completion of the programme
- 40% Increase in wellbeing and confidence upon completion of the programme
- 835 Industry leaders volunteered their time to support the young people, saving over £5,000 in fees
- Social Value generated through the programme = £138,003*
- Economic Value generated through progression of 4 JSA Claimants into employment = £58,440**
You can download the case study here