Agent Academy is a programme, which looks to educate, train and upskill young people in practical marketing and business leadership. By the end of the programme the young people will have had the opportunity to develop their networks through visits and talks from over 30 leaders across Liverpool City Region. As well as developing their practical knowledge and skills they will also be inspired and motivated to launch their careers across the marketing and business arrears.
Through investment by One Ark, Agent Academy recruited 11 young people from the City Region, not currently in full time employment or education, with the aim for 60% of them to secure relevant employment within 3 months of completion of the 12 week course. In addition to this, the programme set a challenge for the young people to develop a marketing strategy on how to engage young people in Knowsley, supporting in some key One Ark objectives.
After gaining an English degree, Steph had struggled to successfully secure a job. She was unemployed and undertaking some unpaid freelance work when she joined Agent Academy. Steph wanted to work in marketing to expand her skill-set but still communicate with an audience through her writing.
Although Steph already had a degree in English it was impossible for her to get a job in marketing as all of the companies required someone with qualifications in this area or at least a substantial amount of experience in the marketing industry.
Steph said “Agent Academy really helped me to gain the experience and skills I needed and it helped to develop my knowledge of marketing theory and practice. I was able to build my contacts and network through them, which crucially helped me to get my job.”
Steph is a talented and highly skilled writer and since finishing at Agent Academy, she was supported into a long term paid internship with DaDaFest.
Input and Investment
- £13,500 One Ark Cash Investment
- Over £2,000 in Time Investment
- 11 People engaged on to the programme, with 6 people in receipt of JSA
- 8 People supported into employment upon completion of the programme
- 40% Increase in wellbeing and confidence upon completion of the programme
- £138,003 of Social Value generated through the programme*
- £58,440 of Economic Value generated through progression of 4 JSA Claimants into employment**
- Over £5,000 saved in salary fees through 35 industry leaders volunteering their time
You can download the case study here